Join the tens of thousands of people who challenge themselves every year to the fastest growing distance race in the country – the half marathon. This terrific 13.1 mile distance is challenging and yet achievable. We have an exceptional coaching staff to lead you in your training. Pace groups, speedwork, and specific training plans will enable anyone who can currently run 3 miles to finish their first half marathon or improve over previous performances.
Dates: Next Half Marathon Training is now underway. Stay tuned for next session!
This group is ideal for:
What you get:·
1. Twice weekly coached sessions-
2. Weekly emails with coaching information
3. Friendly pace-setters to keep you on track and provide encouragement, support and their experience
4. Prepared training routes
5. Hydration and support services on longer runs
6. Group support / group environment
7. Fleet Feet Des Moines Half Marathon training tech shirt
8. New friends who are working to do the same things you are!
9. Fun and an awesome sense of accomplishment
10. Race-ready in time for the Des Moines Women's Half Marathon and or Drake Half Marathon and/or Dam to DSM
Prerequisite: Able to run 3 miles at 13:30 per mile pace or faster